1-5) The British Peace Movement in the 1950s: Tom Cuthbert Senior at a Peace Conference in Prague; Tom Cuthbert Junior at CND demo in 1958; Coventry Peace Council attend demo in 1958; In Trafalger Square at demo in 1958; In Hyde Park after CND Demo in 1958.
6) Birmingham CND hold a march in the early 1980s.
7) A young activist at a Birmingham CND event in early 1980s.
8) An older activist at a CND demonstration in London in early 1980s.
9) A collection of photographs of Dave Lewis and Marcus Lynch - full-time workers for West Midlands CND - in the early 1980s.
10) Crossing the Thames: a major National CND demonstration in London in the early 1980s.
11) Push chairs: a major National CND demonstration in London in the early 1980s.
12) Carrying the banner: a National CND demonstration in London, early 1980s.
13) Placards: a major National CND demonstration in London in the early 1980s.
14) Resting in Hyde Park: a National CND demonstration in London in the early 1980s.
15) The Young Communist League: a major National CND demonstration in London in the early 1980s.
16) A collection of pictures from a National CND demonstration in London during the early 1980s.
17) Dave Lewis [left] and Bill Braddick [right] - full-time workers for West Midlands CND, in the mid 1980s.
18) Cruise Watch protesting about the deployment of Cruise in the British countryside with blockades and other forms of non-violent direct action, including [as here] the painting of CND symbols on Cruise launchers, 1984/1985.
19) Joan Ruddock, Chair of National CND, at Molesworth in 1985.
20) Regional activists at a regional demonstration at Molesworth in 1985.
21) Police presence at Molesworth before CND demonstration in 1985.
22) Faces of protest at the demonstration at Molesworth in 1985.
23) Bruce Kent at Molesworth CND demonstration in 1985.
24) CND demonstration on Easter Monday at Molesworth in 1985.
25) National CND demonstration in London, October 1985. [NB: note inaccurate information that this is the first major rally since the deployment of Cruise.]
26) Gathering outside the US Embassy after the CND march in 1985.
27) Christian CND hold a non-violent protest at Aldermaston in 1986.
28) Christian CND take action to highlight the nuclear convoy routes from Burghfield to Glasgow in May 1986.
29) Peace cycle race in the USSR [probably Minsk] in 1985.
30) A peace demonstration in Minsk, Byelorussia, USSR, mid 1980s.
31) Peace education in a Soviet school, location unknown, in 1980s.
32) Nuclear convoy near Birmingham in mid 1980s.
33) Sea Action non-violent protest, south coast in late 1980s.
34) Polish fan club rock band Klaudiusz at Lichfield - People to People initiative -1989.
35) Promotional photograph of the classical pianist Peter Donaghue for a benefit concert for WMCND in 1984.
36) A speaker at a rally organised by the Birmingham Committee to Stop War in the Gulf, Birmingham, 1991.
37-42) A collection of photographs used in peace education in the 1980s: Victims of Hiroshima; The effect of a simulated nuclear attack in a town in Britain; "Casualties" from a simulated nuclear attack; "Homeless" following a simulated nuclear attack; US missiles; Martial law in a simulated nuclear attack.*
Photographs by/from: Tom Cuthbert (nos 1-5); I Brennan (no 18); Press Association (nos 19-28); Soviet Peace Committee (nos 29-31); Birmingham Post and Mail (no 32); Clive Barda (no 35); all other photographers unknown.
* Many of photographs nos 37-42 seem to have been taken from the BBC film 'The War Game'.
The album also contains various peace stickers produced by CND.