Reference number
  • WMB
Date
  • 1919-1969
Level
  • Collection
Description
  • This collection includes: minutes; financial records; lectures for members; district records.
Extent
  • 6 boxes
Admin history
  • The Guild was formed in 1919 as the London County Westminster and Parr's Bank Guild and in April 1923 changed its name to correspond with the change in the bank's name. It had 10,000 members in 1946 and 15,000 in 1967. In 1969 it amalgamated with the District Bank Staff Association, the National Provincial Bank Ladies' Guild and the National Provincial Bank Staff Association to form the National Westminster Staff Association.

    Reference: Arthur Marsh and Victoria Ryan, 'Historical directory of trade unions', volume 1, non-manual unions; central council minutes of 25 April 1923 (MSS.56/2005/39 page 247).
Access status
  • Open
Related Material
  • The Centre also holds the records of the following organisations received in accessions with reference code MSS.56: Central Council of Bank Non-Clerical Staff Associations; Bank Officers' Guild; District Bank Staff Committee; National Provincial Bank Ladies Guild; National Provincial Bank Staff Association; Banking, Insurance and Finance Union, earlier the National Union of Bank Employees; National Westminster Staff Association; UNIFI.