The Librarians of Institutes and Schools of Education (LISE) was established in 1954 as the Librarians of Institutes of Education. In the years from 1951-1954 occasional conferences had been organised on an ad hoc basis. LISE coordinates the acquisition and disposal policies of members libraries and undertakes bibliographical work. The records of LISE have been kept by various lay officers as LISE has no permanent secretariat.
Reference: Richard Storey and Alistair Tough, 'Consolidated Guide to the Modern Records Centre' (University of Warwick, 1986).
TRANSFERRED TO THE INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION, JULY 2011.