Reference number
  • CLM
Date
  • 1916 - 1965
Level
  • Collection
Description
  • Rulebooks.
Extent
  • 1 box (3 items)
Admin history
  • The Bolton and District Carters and Lurrymen's Union was formed in 1890 to cater for commercial road transport workers. It later became the Amalgamated Carters and Lurrymen's Union and then added "Motor Men" to its name. It was one of the founder unions of the Transport and General Workers' Union in 1922. Forming the North of England Commercial Section, it remained almost entirely autonomous until full amalgamation in 1968.
Access Conditions
  • Prior written permission to consult unpublished records in this archive is required. Researchers should apply to Mr Jim Mowatt, Director of Education at the successor union UNITE, Transport House, 128 Theobald's Road, Holborn, London WC1X 8TD, or by e-mail care of Joan Francis (Joan.Francis@unitetheunion.org). Publications may be consulted without permission.
Access status
  • Open