Incorporated on 6 January 1950 as a family concern with a factory in Kidderminster until its acquisition by Electro-Hydraulics Ltd in October 1959. The company manufactured and sold small electric trucks, the chief customer being British Railways which used them on railway platforms for the conveyance of baggage and light freight. The Kidderminster factory was sold together with part of its business in 1971 and the manufacture of the remaining products was centralised in the Warrington factory. The name was changed to Rubery Owen C-E Cast Ltd on 28 November 1978 [? reference to change in 1974-1975 in MSS.338/RO/4/2/3/3].